Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Capuano Sensei Instructs at Dubai Seminar.


I was invited to Zanzhinkan Dojo in Dubai, UAE as their guest Instructor. I met John Ratnam Sensei ( Dojo Cho of Zanshinkan ) and his students as well as aikidoka from the region. In attendance were aikidoka  from Dubai, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Egypt, Russia, Australia, South Africa and France. It was an incredible experience teaching to such a diverse student base, but we all spoke the language of Aikido. Also I was honored to sit on the test committee for five Shodan exams as well as one Nidan exam. I am glad to announce everyone passed. Congratulations to Cathi on her Nidan; Hamdi, Damith, Yousef, Mohammed and Mohammed on their Shodan grades. I got to experience the local culture of this beautiful country in grand fashion as Sensei John and Hamid treated me like royalty. Special thanks to Cathi, Michael, Samith, Mohammed and Yousef. I would like to thank Toyoda Sensei for the opportunity to go and a very special thanks to John Ratnam Sensei for all of his hospitality and generosity. He is a Sensei in every aspect of the word. I hope to go back and see all of my new friends soon, I feel as though I have known them all of my life. Here is a short video of the training sessions. Here are some photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interested in private Aikido lessons?

http://sportales.com/martial-arts/aikido-in-dubai/